The new Gmail tabbed browsing system split users in those who like it, and those who wants back the common Inbox. Gmail tabs organizes automatically new messages in up to 5 different tabs:
- Primary: Just for general emails that doesn’t fit the tabs listed below.
- Social: For emails regarding news from social networks, like Facebook notifications, Twitter mentions, YouTube digests.
- Promotions: The other part of spam, this tab groups newsletters that you’re subscribed at, mainly commercial websites.
- Updates: An example here can be Google Alert, or any other sort of updates like weekly emails from information websites or whatever you feel like going here.
- Forum: Forum communities emails that you’re registered at go here. Read More…